Monday, December 3, 2012

Name a place or group that is worthy of a large monetary contribution for diabetes research?

Q. Who is doing valuable and respected research for diabetes treatment?

A. Last year, with the help of our donors, the American Diabetes Association invested more than $33.5 million in research. This funding supported 435 awards at 142 leading research institutions in the United States. Over the years, the American Diabetes Association has invested more than $500 million in diabetes research and provided funding for more than 4,000 projects. In addition, we published professional journals that reached more than 54,000 health care professionals.

Hope this helps and are grateful to any donors that help in funding research.


Where can I find good information about diabetes treatment and diabetes management?
Q. I am a diabetic looking for information about how to treat diabetes, how to manage diabetes, how to cure diabetes, etc. Thanks :)

A. I found a website recently (links below) that had a ton of good info, videos, diabetic products, diabetic supplies, etc. Hope this helps :-)

Diet for Diabetes - http://diabetestreatment-diabetesmanagement.com/diet-for-diabetes-eat-to-win/

Cure for Diabetes - http://diabetestreatment-diabetesmanagement.com/cure-for-diabetes/


Could someone outline the types of diabetes and treatments and the signs and symptoms?
Q. I know diabetes can't be cured but whether it's injections or tablets etc. Thanks!
No it's not homework. My dad thinks that he might have diabetes and I'm worried that I could have it too so I just want to know a little bit more about it.

A. This isn't something I normally do when answering diabetes questions but the ADA (American Diabetes Association) has a great and easy to use website that should answer all of your questions. If it doesn't you can call them or see if there is a local diabetes support group in your area. If either of you are diagnosed with diabetes be sure to contact a local support group, you'll be glad you did.


What in the world is going on in Yahoo! Answers lately?
Q. I've been getting frivolous violations that, upon checking, were not violations at all and having my answers deleted. And no response from customer care when I complain about it whatsoever. Recently, I discovered that I had two questions removed with no warning or explanation at all....

Q 1. "Can someone please tell me how this is "spam and advertising"?" (with perfectly "clean" example in details section omitted)

Q 2. "Why do so few "Get it" when it comes to type 2 diabetes treatment?" (also, with a "clean" example in details section omitted)

I'm guessing I ticked somebody off and they're turning me in for everything I do here. And since the YAT doesn't check the validity of violation CLAIMS and does nothing to stop it, I guess I'll have to find another Q&A forum. Oh well, back to the old forums, I guess.

I would dearly like to hear from others who are becoming seriously disappointed with this Answers nonsense and what avenues you've taken to rectify this ridiculous situation.

A. this has happened to me too, what i can suggest is that you go to the forum link above and express how you feel.( the yahoo answers team do visit that forum and have often helped people who have been reported wrongly.

you can also write to them with your concerns to

y_ansrws_team@yahoo.com ( no E in answers ).





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment