Monday, December 3, 2012

What should I do for my project on Diabetes?

Q. For Health class I need to put together a project on diabetes, and I need some ideas of what I can do for it.

A. Get the following information:
what diabetes is
what can cause it
the difference between type 1 and type 2
how it is treated and who invented the treatment
what the symptoms are
you could go through Y!A and see if there is anyone you could interview with a couple of brief questions like "what type do you have?" "how old were you when you were diagnosed?" "how has diabetes affected your everyday life?"
then compile your information into a pamphlet or poster.
good luck!


What activity could I do to entertain and inform my listeners about diabetes?
Q. I am doing a presentation on diabetes and I need to keep my audience entertained and informed.
What activity could I do to make a presentation about diabetes fun. I already have all the information that I need but it just seems boring especially for a bunch of 17-19 year olds. Can anyone help me? My presentation revolves around teen and adult diabetes if that helps.

A. Well..
I have type one diabetes and anyone who knows anyone about the disease (as I'm sure you do) knows it's not something 'fun'.
But of course, you don't want to bore your audience to death.

I cannot really think of any way to make if fun, but don't just throw facts at the audience. Use examples, tell stories, ect. I know what I'm much more interested in a more personal presentation than someone naming stupid statistics.

Wish I could be more help.
Feel free to message me if you need any info.

~Lindsey (:


Does anybody know any websites that has a lot of information on diabetes?
Q. I am doing a health fair project on diabetes.

A. I found this article, hope I helped;-)
http://danistac.blogspot.com/2009/02/diabetes-in-nutshell.html


What is the cause of type 2 Diabetes?
Q. I am looking for information on a scientific study that proves the cause.
I am not looking for someones opinion.
I am not looking for information on the treatment of Diabetes.
I am not looking for the cure.
I am looking for the actual cause
I would like the url of the scientific study that proves your answer.

A. Type 2 diabetes is the most common form of diabetes. In type 2 diabetes, either the body does not produce enough insulin or the cells ignore the insulin.

Usually occurs gradually. Most people with type 2 diabetes are overweight at the time of diagnosis. However, the disease can also develop in lean people, especially the elderly.

Genetics play a large role in type 2 diabetes and family history is a risk factor. However, low activity level, poor diet, and excess body weight (especially around the waist) significantly increase your risk for type 2 diabetes.

Other risk factors include:

- Race/ethnicity (African-Americans, Hispanic-Americans, and Native Americans all have high rates of diabetes)
- Age greater than 45 years
- Previously identified impaired glucose tolerance by your doctor
- High blood pressure
- HDL cholesterol of less than 35 or triglyceride level of greater than 250
- History of gestational diabetes





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment