Saturday, December 8, 2012

How can obese people with severe arthritis lose weight?

Q. I am 41, I am disabled,stage 2 dibetic I need to lose at least 70 lbs.But I want to lose 100. I hate seafood, and I am allergic to mushrooms. What can i do to lose weight?
When I say severe arthritis, I have had 4 hip replacements,2 shoulder,4 knees, and some hand surgery. I am on high blood pressure medicine. I don't believe in surgery to be rid of weight, I know there is healthier and better ways. My daughter is 13 and husband 45, all overweight. My husband don't make it easy to diet,which my daughter then follows what he says. This is her step-dad.

A. See your dietician for a good diet to help you loose weight and control your diabetes. If you are following a good diet for you diabetes which would be low carb you should be losing some weight already. For an exercise routine try finding a warm water pool in your area that offers an exercise program for arthritics or older people. I know many YMCA's have those programs and many other facilities also offer this type of program. This is a low impact type workout and with the water it is great for people with arthritis.


what is the next symptoms of peripheral neuropathy?
Q. i'm 24 years old man have numbness, tingling in my right leg and less in my ends but i'm not dibetic patient by biochemical analysis. Is this temprory state ? and which doctor section can i go to ? what is the next symptoms of peripheral neuropathy? and is it has a side effect at eyes and sexual organs at future? and what is the medicine can i take?

A. I have read somewhere that Benfotiamine, which is in the Vitamin B family, can help people with neuropathy. You might look into that.

Here's a couple of websites:
http://diabetes.about.com/od/whatsonthehorizon/p/benfotiamine.htm

http://www.islet.org/forum/messages/39871.htm


Is it possible to have alcohol deficiency?
Q. I am friends with a girl who says that she must drink alcohol for medical reasons. She says that she lacks alcohol in her blood, just as a dibetic lacks insulin. Is this a recognized medical condition? If so, I would appreciate any info on it. Thanks in advance.
She says it isn't a drinking problem, because she doesn't actually drink at social events. I am baffled. The blood does naturally contain alcohol, right?
BTW, she was acting very serious, and I don't think she was lying.
Great answer armyvet! But I don't think she wants to get away from me... We've been friends since 5th grade...
Uncle82Jr.:
"That is absurd.....i don't know what else to say. You sound like you want to believe that. What is wrong with you, get some common sense."

I'm sorry... you are right. It's hard to believe your longest, truest friend has a problem.

A. I tried my best to come up with some sort of justification for your friend...but in the end, my conclusion is this:
She's making up stories

I was able to find some health benefits to consuming MODERATE levels of alcohol which include (and might I add, the actual website said, "it may")

-Reduce your risk of developing heart disease, peripheral vascular disease and intermittent claudication
-Reduce your risk of dying of a heart attack
-Possibly reduce your risk of strokes, particularly ischemic strokes
-Lower your risk of gallstones
-Possibly reduce your risk of diabetes


How long can i diabetc live without food and insulin?
Q. if i dibetic didn't eat any food and didn't take any insulion how long would they live?
i didn't ask this question because i wanted someone to die. i was just wondering because i'm a diabetic. And i was just wondering how long would i have been able to live if i wasn't diognosed
P.S. I'm out of honey moon

A. The first time I had a case of the flu after starting on insulin I made the mistake of thinking that if I could not keep food down I should stop taking insulin so I wouldn't get too low. Huge mistake! I went 4 days without eating and without insulin. I ended up in the emergency room then into intensive care very close to coma and death from dehydration. So it wouldn't take long.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment