Sunday, December 9, 2012

What activity could I do to entertain and inform my listeners about diabetes?

Q. I am doing a presentation on diabetes and I need to keep my audience entertained and informed.
What activity could I do to make a presentation about diabetes fun. I already have all the information that I need but it just seems boring especially for a bunch of 17-19 year olds. Can anyone help me? My presentation revolves around teen and adult diabetes if that helps.

A. Well..
I have type one diabetes and anyone who knows anyone about the disease (as I'm sure you do) knows it's not something 'fun'.
But of course, you don't want to bore your audience to death.

I cannot really think of any way to make if fun, but don't just throw facts at the audience. Use examples, tell stories, ect. I know what I'm much more interested in a more personal presentation than someone naming stupid statistics.

Wish I could be more help.
Feel free to message me if you need any info.

~Lindsey (:


Does anyone know good vegetarian guidelines for people with diabetes Type 2?
Q. I just found out that I have diabetes Type 2. I know I have to stay away from jams, jellies, etc. What are the best protein items I can eat to help me stay healthy? Any other vegetarian/diabetes info would be helpful. I want to try to go veggie for this!

A. Here's some info:

http://www.vrg.org/journal/diabetes.htm


Can you develop diabetes from having hypoglycemia?
Q. I am hypoglycemic (as you may know from previous questions) and I am wondering if you could develop diabetes from it. Hypoglycemia is a walk in the park compared to diabetes, and I have a family history of diabetes. Is it possible that your hypoglycemia could get worse and turn into diabetes?

A. HI YOU
YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE SUGAR IN YOUR BODY DIABTES IS WHEN YOU HAVE YOU MUCH BUT HERE IS THE BIG BUT YOUR BODY NEED SO MUCH SUGAR TO HELP IT WORK AND WHEN IT DROPS DOWN TO LOW AS YOU SAY IS IN YOUR CASE IT MEANS YOU ARE ALSO DOING DAMAGE TO YOURSELF AND IS WHY DIABETIC DO THERE BEST NOT TO GET THEM IF I WHERE YOU I WOULD LOOK THIS UP ON THE NET TO GET AS MUCH INFO AS POSSABLE ON IT


With all the conflicting info, is drinking coffee good or bad?
Q. With all the conflicting info, is drinking coffee beneficial or harmful to one's health?

A. Recent studies, show, without a doubt,drinking coffee in moderate amounts, has many benefits. Coffee contains antioxidants, called, "Polyphenols". Studies show that coffee drinkers are lowering their risk of Diabetes, Heart Disease, Cancer, and more. A coffee called Kopi Luwak, is the most expensive coffee in the world, at $75 per 1/4 pound. It is eaten by a Palm Civet, and then excreted. *It is also supposed to be the 'best' tasting coffee, as well!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment