Saturday, December 8, 2012

how long does it take to develop type 1 diabetes?

Q. Since I was young, I've had sensitive blood sugar. About once a month I'll suddenly become very hungry, with horrible headaches and dizziness, and have to stop everything and eat and drink slowly until I can sit up again. This is just my norm. I can't skip a meal without getting very sick. (Throwing up, shakiness, fatigue) Do you show symptoms of type 1 diabetes suddenly or gradually? I've had some minor health problems for a few months, and I feel like something is wrong.

A. Although type 1 diabetes itself develops gradually (months to years), the symptoms usually come on rather quickly (days to weeks) and are usually severe. The main symptoms of type 1 diabetes include:

extreme thirst
frequent urination
fatigue
weight loss

What you describe sounds more like hypoglycemia than diabetes.


How are some ways YOU can tell if you have Type 1 Diabetes?
Q. Lately i have been showing the symptoms for type 1 diabetes, and it has been going on this last month.
But my question is for people who have been diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, What was it like when you first thought you had this decease? How did you feel at the time and what were some of the big signs that you had it? PLEASE BE VERY DETAILED

Thank you very much.

A. Frequent Urination. I'm talking i'll just go to the and then 30 seconds later i'll need to go again.
Shaking. So bad it's difficult to write.
Tiredness. Really tired
Vomiting. Like once a day


Is the enterovirus proven to be directly connected to causing type 1 juvenile diabetes?
Q. I am asking this because, I showed all the symptoms of this virus for almost a year constantly going to the doctor (at 3 different hospitals) and then all of the sudden I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. If they would have caught it in the act and treated the enterovirus would I have gotten diabetes? And should I sue the 3 hospitals I went to for ruining my life?

A. Enteroviruses such as coxsackievirus B and echovirus 4 are associated with type 1 diabetes. In the case of coxsackievirus B, it is thought that this virus may infect and destroy the insulin producing beta-cells in the pancreas, and that these beta-cells may also be damaged by autoimmune processes in the body that are instigated by this virus.

However, there is as yet no definitive proof that such enteroviruses do cause type 1 diabetes, just a good possibility. There is no proof because finding a statistical association between a virus and a disease does not automatically prove that the virus actually caused that disease. More research is required to prove it definitively.

Personally I suspect that many common diseases are likely caused by chronic microbial infections in the body, but more research is needed to prove all this.

Treatment of chronic enterovirus infections is in fact very difficult, as there are few effective antiviral treatments. Intravenous interferon works to a degree, though it costs typically $5000 for a course of treatment, and the virus invariably returns around 6 months later.
�������������������������������������


Can obese young adults develop type 1 diabetes?
Q. Can an obese young adult develop type 1 diabetes and not type 2? I've read unexpected weight loss is a symptom of type 1, so can an obese young adult losing weight without effort and with other diabetes symptoms get type 1?

A. It is possible. Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disease, so it is possible to occur at any age, especially if you have a family history of it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment