Sunday, December 9, 2012

I am having pre-diabetes condition yet i took in 1 ice cream and other things, could i have got diabetes?

Q. I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes but I brought down my blood sugar to normal , yet recently i took in 1 ice cream cone, several seedless grapes, 2 oranges and 2 bananas. Could these eatables have given me diabetes, as I have not yet gone for the tests?

A. I have Type 2 diabetes, the impaired ability of the body to regulate the level of sugar in the bloodstream. Because of my size and lifestyle I was always going to be at risk - very tall, overweight, though not defined as obese.

As you get older the risk increases because of fat build-up; moreso that I would have thought, until it happened to me.

The ice-cream is the greatest risk in the list you have provided; because it contains fats (and sugars). The glucose and fructose in the rest will raise the blood sugar level. Bananas are a great source for rapidly recovering from a low (hypo) by type 1 diabetics - AND they have no fat!

You will not get type 2 diabetes from eating that list of foods, even in one setting.

However, you will increase the likelihood of developing diabetes if you eat foods that are high in sugar in conjunction with fatty/oily foods. It's the fats that prevent the insulin getting to the cells to use the sugars, so the sugar levels in the blood stay high and contribute to the other problems of diabetes, including circulatory disease, etc.

So it's both the fats and sugars that increase the risk of NIDDM [non-insulin dependent diabetes meletes (sic?)]

No those edibles did not give you diabetes; your excesses of them will increase your likelihood of develpong, not catching, diabetes.


Is it true that if you lose weight you have a lower risk of pre diabetes?
Q. I was wondering if you lose weight do you have a lower risk of getting pre diabetes? Diabetes is on my dads side of the family. I'm starting to eat healty like good carbs and good sugar from fruits and vegetables. I'm also losing weight as well. Also I was wondering do fruits and vegetables prevent diabetes even they do have the good sugar.
sorry for the typo towards the end.
Does anybody know what I should eat or do to have the pancrease to anable to produce insulin.

A. Yes, it is beneficial for you to lower your weight, if you are overweight.

Yes, there is sugar in some vegetables and most fruits, if not all. That is why is is a RULE to eat protein, with those foods, every time. For example, instead of eating an apple, eat an apple with peanut butter or an apple with cheese. Drink milk with cookies and/or cereal.

And take excellent suppliments. Sea Vegg is very good, because the nutrients from the sea are 10 times as good as those from the land. To learn more about that, go to
http://www.TVwealth4U.com, and click on "Shows" to watch a program about it. Then click on "Products" and order it, if you'd like, on Order Assurance program. You need to take it for at least 3 months, before evaluation. Sometimes you'll see resluts earlier. It just depends on how nutrient-depleted you are.


is there any over the counter suppliment to help fight Pre Diabetes?
Q. im at the high end of Pre diabetes, I have cut back on sugars, and do mild exercise on a semi regular basis. i have been about 250lbs for the past 5yrs and am 6 ft tall, i know Im overwgt but its not increasing.
I have a semi physical job as a landscaper/garner.
thanks for all your help.

A. If you consider a healthy diet as an over the counter supplement... There are no magic bulets, dietary supplements are not required to prove any of their claims and often products that are banned by the FDA still have approval as dietary supplements. Your best bet on the hocus pocus snake oil market would be chromium, cinnamon and Stevia. It's carbohydrates that you have to regulate and spread out, sugars are just a carbohydrate. You have to have smaller more frequent meals and select lower glycemic index alternatives to spread out the load so your pancreas can handle it. It's not just about cutting out the sugars. Attend a diabetic education center seminar, most of what you think you know about diabetes is completely wrong.


I have pre-diabetes, probably because of my years of eating Taco Bell daily and not exercising enough?
Q. I read in Prediabetes for Dummies that I can't have diet soda anymore. I'm wondering what it is that I can eat. Also, I'm thinking this pre-diabetes is the cause of my fatigue and lethargy? What do I need to do to prevent more severe complications. I'm willing to cut out all sweets, but what can I eat?

A. Two things....diet & exercise....





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment