Monday, December 10, 2012

how can I help the change for the children foundation?

Q. i wanna do more for the jonas brothers diabetes foundation, besides donating I don't know how else to help.

A. Perhaps going to the Jonas Brothers web site and send them an email asking for their help and suggestions?


Cheers and good luck with that


Where can I turn in soda can tabs for money?
Q. I live in the Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL and I was wondering where I can turn in pop can tabs for money so I can donate the money to the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. Does anyone know where I can turn them in?

A. They don't actually take them for donations for diabetes. This is a HUGE urban legend.
You can take them to the recycling depot where they will redeem the aluminum for what the weight is worth, which is very little. You would need a lot of tabs.
Snopes says: "Charity groups and the aluminum industry say they have been fighting misconseptions about collecting pop can tabs for years"


Can I name a charity foundation after myself?
Q. The Ferguson Diabetes Foundation?

A. That sounds awesome!!
Of corse you can!
That's so sweet for making a charity for a great cause :)
Good Luck with your charity!


If I am planning on doing a small fundraiser, should I contact the charity first?
Q. I've been thinking about raising money for CODA (Central Ohio Diabetes Association) and JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) by shaving my head. Kind of like a "How much will you pay me to shave my head?" then giving the money to the two organizations. Should I contact these organizations beforehand?

A. Yes, you should contact them beforehand. First, if someone wants to verify that you are truly collecting money for them, then they have the real answer. 2nd, before you decide, you should have a $ amount in mind. Will you shave your head for $5? What if no one really cares if you shave your head or not and you only get a little money? I think that perhaps the shaving of the head could be a part of the fund raiser, but not the whole thing. How much do you realistically think you can get for shaving your head? Will it be enough to share with 2 such large organizations? Consider joining another fund raiser or donate to a local group. Think out your options before you speak publicly.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment