Friday, December 7, 2012

I heard some company in USA is giving free nutrition supplements for people with type 2 diabetes. Any info?

Q. I heard some company in USA is giving free nutrition supplements for people with type 2 diabetes. Any info?

A. That's news to me, but this might be a possibility:
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/ths/1164445432.html

Actually, supplements, like gymnema sylvestre, cinnamon, fenugreek, and banaba leaf, are cheap. Especially when compared to more medication.


Can you reverse the effects of Diabetes type 2 and stop taking insulin shots?
Q. I have type 2 diabetes, and just have started taking insulin shots. Is there any way I can get rid of type 2 diabetes and never have to take another shot again

A. You will never be RID of type 2 diabetes. But there may be a way to get off the shots.
It requires Attitude and Dedication.

Without it you will be shot bound for life.

There are 4 key steps to controlling glucose levels :

1) EXERCISE- Walking is fine but Nordic Walking is Great. Exercise also lowers Glucose levels , lowers Cholesterol and lowers Blood Pressure. Google it.Exercise is Non-Negotiable !!!Thats why it is Number 1 on the list.
2) Knowledge- http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/index.ph� This is a great site for info
3) Meds. Metformin to start. Never , ever take Actos or Avandia. They may kill you. Bone fractures, heart problems and what diabetics really don't need is that they change Bone Stem Cells to Fat Cells.Also never ever take Onglyza or Januvia . They can can inhibit the bodys immune system and let cancer spread.
4) Diet- A low carb diet is in order. I can't count carbs so I use Mendosa's Glycemic Index Diet. Great for the whole family. http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

Take care

TIN


How many calories do I need to plan on consuming on a daily basis in order to lose weight?
Q. I would like to start on an eating plan to control the type 2 diabetes I have and to lose weight so my blood sugar levels can get back to normal.

I have never excercised before and am quite sedentary. If I commit to walking one mile per day to start and my weight is close to 400 lbs. .... By combinning the walk every day and following a caloric intake of healthy meals....How many calories per day should I consume in order to lose the weight?

I would like to get down to at least 125-130 lbs. My goal is to get healthy, much thinner and get control of this disease or totally eradicate the need to be on medication by acheiving this. Is it too late for me?

I am fed up with being unhealthy!

PS: I am a female 45 years old and am 5'3 inches tall.

A. It is NEVER too late and I truly applaud you for aspiring to get healthy. It is very difficult to break old eating habits, but if you stick with it, I assure you it is more than possible. Just remember it took a while to put the weight on and therefore it will take some time before it comes on, but do not give up!My dad is a type 2 diabetic as well and I know it makes dieting harder because your appetite is affected, just snack on protein bars (I like Luna bars...but they do have sugar in them) and fruits and veggies. The more healthy your food, the more of it you can eat. My dad always carries raisins around with him in case of low blood sugar.

As far as how many calories you should consume, please calculate your BMI (body mass index--included a link below) and from there you can calculate how many calories your body needs to maintain your current weight. Then from there you can come up with a healthy exercise plan. One pound is generally equal to 3,500 calories so that is why it is healthiest to shoot for a 1-2 pound weightloss per week. In the begining however you will probably shed pounds a lot quicker just by begining to exercise and eat healthy. This may seem daunting, but you will ultimately have changed your life, you'll feel better, have more energy, and most importantly it will help control your diabetes.

From the info you gave, I figured out your body needs about 5,280 calories a day to stay at your current weight. So if you eat 500 calories less per day AND exercise off 250 calories per day then you will lose 1 1/2 pounds per week. You can slowly decrease your calories by more as your body gets used to the changes.

Never ever consume less than 1,200-1,500 calories per day unless instructed by a doctor because you can put your health at risk.

Again, I think it is really commendable of you to be doing this and no matter how hard it may be or how much you just want to quit, don't! We've only got one life and it is never too late to try and make it better. I encourage you to read about the science of nutrition and fitness as I think it will help you in supporting your new lifestyle.

If you have any other questions, or are in need of support please feel free to email me! Good luck.

I've included some legitimate websites I think you would benefit from, including one on safe exercising and one telling you everything you need to know about healthy foods! I refer to that site all the time as they have recipes and meal plans too!

Oh, also I'm not a doctor just a health nut, so I feel obligated to tell you to see one (a Dr. not a nut...)so they they can approve your exercise and meal plans. Diabetes is very serious, as I'm sure you know, so just be careful and start slow!


I just found out my blood sugar lab was not good 350 , what will they do to me when I go in to see doc?
Q. So is that type 2 diabetes, am I going to have to rush out and buy a bunch of stuff? I realize I have to reduce or quit sweets, fats, and white starchy foods. But I feel overwhelmed with all the info. Any advice? I really had eaten alot of oj and sweets before that blood test, could it be just that day?They think not in the lab, it said its been going on for a while. Where do they start with pills? And do I have to immediately do a bundh of blood metor procedures and carry juice if I get shakey?

A. If you have already had the A1C test with the fasting blood sugar test then the doc will put you on a diet and exercise regime for up to a couple of months then you'll be re-tested. If it's still high they may put you on medication. With type 2 it will not go away by diet and exercise but can be controlled, so you may not need medication.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment