Thursday, December 6, 2012

why should someone donate towards research for diabetes?

Q. I have to present a persuasive speech and i need 3 reasons. I already have 2: It doubles the risk of death, and it is the #1 cause of kidney failure. I honestly can't find another reason.

By the way, my speech is why someone should donate to the American Diabetes Association.

A. Since we are all going to die, You cannot double the risk of death to 200% .


How to start a fund raising bike ride?
Q. i was wondering how to start a fund raising bike ride for Diabetes. my aunt died 4 years ago due to complications with diabetes and i thought it would be nice to raise some money to donate to the diabetes association...i have no idea how to begin to start something like this, any ideas will be appreciated..thnx!

A. -Print out flyers.
-Hang them in local shops and on trees
-Ask supermarkets/ groceries/ bakeries to donate snacks, Gatorade, Juice, and water.
-Either A) Ask family and friends to go to their employers/ other places to get sponsors for the riders or B) Ask riders to get a sponsor of 10? 20? 40? $
-Be sure to put the date, time, and place on the flyers.
-You might want to ask for volunteers to help setting up/ cleaning up/ running snack booths.
-Speaking of booths, it might be a good idea to ask companies for a donation and keychains, stickers, etc. so that you can give away stuff to bikers and get money for your cause.
-You might want to get some inexpensive medals (Oriental Trading) for first, second, and theird place winners. Perhaps you can even get gift cards, free air fare, or other such things to give away to winners.

Good Luck!


If I am planning on doing a small fundraiser, should I contact the charity first?
Q. I've been thinking about raising money for CODA (Central Ohio Diabetes Association) and JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) by shaving my head. Kind of like a "How much will you pay me to shave my head?" then giving the money to the two organizations. Should I contact these organizations beforehand?

A. Yes, you should contact them beforehand. First, if someone wants to verify that you are truly collecting money for them, then they have the real answer. 2nd, before you decide, you should have a $ amount in mind. Will you shave your head for $5? What if no one really cares if you shave your head or not and you only get a little money? I think that perhaps the shaving of the head could be a part of the fund raiser, but not the whole thing. How much do you realistically think you can get for shaving your head? Will it be enough to share with 2 such large organizations? Consider joining another fund raiser or donate to a local group. Think out your options before you speak publicly.


What is the best idea for a Backyard football scoreboard?
Q. My friends and I are making a huge football field and we are getting serious! We are getting bleachers, Flood lights, Concession stands, tickets, and much more. All the money we receive from the concession stands and tickets will go to the ADA (American Diabetes Association) because one of my friends is diabetic. We need some ideas for good scoreboard ideas. The cheapest, smallest scoreboard I found is too much to pay for, so any Ideas???

A. just use a whiteboard its cheap and easy to erase





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment