Friday, December 7, 2012

Which describes the difference n the care u would give to a victim who is experiencing insulin shock versus a?

Q. victim who is in a diabetic coma?
a.The basic care is the same: check and care for any life-threatening conditions
b.Diabetic coma is much more serious. Call 911 or local emergency # immediately only for dibetic coma
c. Give foods or fluids wt sugar to a conscious victim in diabetic coma but not to one experiencing insulin shock
d.Insulin shock is much more serious. call 911 or the local emergency number immediately for insulin shock only

A. The answer is A, if you don't have ABC (airway, breathing, circulation) you have a problem, however for personal ref. if a person who is diabetic is in insulin shock or diabetic coma and still concious and you don't know which one, give sugar anyway, it won't hurt anything and could improve the patient.
GOOD LUCK


what is the best way to lose weight when you have very little will power?
Q. I am in my 50's and found out that i am a type 2 diebetic and need to lose 40 -45 pounds, then i don't have to take the dibetic pill anymore. also the medicine is over a $150.00 bucks ouch that hurts. thanks for your help

A. Oh I have the same problem with motivation, what I do is I make sure that I have tons of variety. and I do it with someone else which makes it easier because you feel like your letting them down if you don't. Also, you might try doing something like 'curves' or something like that because your paying for it you'll feel more obligated to go. And with food, make sure you have pleanty of variety also. but make sure its low fat and healthy so READ LABELS!!!!!!!! Good luck :-)


If metformin is a diabetes medication what is its?
Q. use with either PCOS patients or infertility i think. I found that it regulates blood sugar in non insulin dependant dibetic people. What are the other uses for it? thanks

A. It helps women with PCOS- that syndrome brings with it a whole host of problems, including insulin resistance. Because insulin is also a hormone, by getting that hormone in line, it can be easier to get the hormones that help with ovulation in line, too. Not all women with PCOS are given met- it depends on the severity and the symptoms the woman has.


How I check low/medium glycermic index?
Q. I am dibetic and would like to know what type of food have low/medium glycermic index

A. One good place to start is here:
http://www.glycemicindex.com/

Or, you can use the same rule of thumb I do. If Mother Nature created it, it's probably good for you. In other words, most fruits and vegetables are not only good for you, they help reduce your need for diabetes medication. Since increasing my intake of fresh fruits and veggies, I no longer need any medication at all. (I'm type 2)

Visit my diabetes info page for more tips:
http://www.geocities.com/seabulls69/Type_II_Diabetes.html





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment