Tuesday, December 4, 2012

what are some sympdoms of diabites?

Q. i drink a lot of water and i have lost about 10 pounds in the last month.
today i drank 2 bottles of water in less than 5 minutes and my friend turns to my and goes when you drink a lot of water you could have diabites.
i faint a lot. too
i'm 14 could this be signs of diabites ?

A. My sister found out that she was diabetic because she said her urine smelled sweet. The doctor tested her and she had diabetes caused by her pregnancy. Frequent urination, thirst, drops in blood sugar, coma, and sweet smelling urine are just some symptoms. Go to the doctor to have some blood work done.

I have the exact opposite of diabetes, I have extremely low blood sugar and I pass out all the time. I passed out the other day while I was sitting on my couch writing an article on my laptop. Either way, both are scary.


what is better an islet transplant or an insulin pump?
Q. i am 15 years old, with type 1 diabetes, this febuary will mark 2 years for me with diabites, i cant get my bloodsugars under controll so would the islet transplant be a good choice or being on the insulin pump?

A. I'd have to say insulin pump. an insulin pump is great for control. I've had one for a year, and my A1C went from 13% down to 6.8% That's a very dramatic improvement! The islet transplant may or may not be successful and if it is, you'll need to take imunosupresants(sp?) for the reat of your life. Do whichever you want, but I think the insulin pump would be better.


Who knows some info on the Jones Brothers?
Q. i know that nick has diabites and kevin whats to get married st age 20 because his parents is a good example !

A. well i kno they are all gay. oh and untalented. thats about it tho


How can i raise my blood sugar levels(hyperglycemia )?
Q. High blood sugar is known as hyperglycemia

i went to the drs today cos i have felt funny all week.
so he said i have low blood sugar what will raise my blood sugar level.

coffee
salt
chocolate

what will raise it.
what would happen if i raised it to much, would this give me diabites =O

A. Avoid junk food, white flour, most sugar, fruit juice, and pop with sugar in it.

Switch to a healthier diet.

Eat complex carbs: things like whole grain breads instead of white bread. Whole grain pasta instead of white pasta, brown rice instead of white rice.

Eat a little more protien, but make sure its lean meat, beans, low fat cheese, or fish. No fried food.

Have smaller meals and add in a couple of healthy snacks per day.

Get tested for diabetes every year. I started out with hypoglycemia, and ended up with diabetes and so did my mother. I recommend you get tested. If you are already diabetic, you can feel like you have low blood sugar even when its too high.

Ask for an HbA1c test and a Glucose Tolerance Test.

Get them done every year to keep an eye on this problem. That way, if it does become diabetes you'll know and can get started on proper treatment before it damages your nerves, eyesight, heart, kidneys and so on.

Good luck!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment