Sunday, December 2, 2012

Can sweet potato be a cure for diabetes?

Q. This is for our research thesis. Please do answer. What are the components of sweet potato that can cure diabetes???

A. Not likely. Trust me, if it were that simple it would have been done already.


They're loaded with carbs and don't benefit ME in any way. They can only be of help if the glucose-raising carbs can be controlled.


How can diet be effective in the prevention or cure of diabetes?
Q. How can diet be effective in the prevention or cure of diabetes ?

A. Diet and exercise are equally important in reversing type two diabetes. (note that I did not say "cure"). It is vitally important that the type two diabetic adjust their lifestyle to include lots of healthy raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, and whole grains and to exclude any and all refined, processed, enriched, packaged, preserved, man made carbohydrates (especially high fructose corn syrup) from their diet. It is equally important for the type two diabetic to get daily moderate exercise. I emphatically disagree with the good doctor. I am living proof that the disease is reversible. It is only progressive if the patient persists in living the lifestyle that brought us here in the first place. Very few doctors seem to realize this. Bear in mind that type two diabetes is a modern disease and it's existence was practically unheard of 200 years ago, when factory processed foods were rarely found in people's diets. Look up the Pima Indian's plight for more on this. There are a few doctors that have done their homework and have found as I have that with healthy diet and regular exercise, a type two diabetic can live a long, healthy, and medication free life. All it requires is a lot of research and some practical application of that knowledge. I was getting worse and worse until I became desperate enough to learn for myself how to deal with the disease. The chances of gleaning this knowledge from a conventionally trained M.D. are slim. But there are a few out there that have learned. Search Dr. John McDougall, Dr. Neal Barnard, and Dr. Joel Fuhrman. Or simply click the diabetes info link in my profile.


How long does it take to acquire a taste for nopales?
Q. I've heard they cure Diabetes so I've decided to add them to my diet but they're slimey and don't have any good taste.

A. You cant acquire a taste for that


How do I start a career in stem cell research?
Q. I want to clone tissues, specifically I want to cure diabetes. But thats besides the point... How would I start getting into this career? By getting a BS in biology? Or what??
Please, your really wasting my time. What a terrible first answer. Dont answer to get points. This could be an answer to my life.
Why don't you get one?

A. Sorry, but you might have left things a bit late. Your career might be as a researcher or as the researcher's lab assistant. If you go for the researcher, it means a basic university degree (3-4 years full-time study) plus a research degree (PhD, another 3 years). Getting an assistant's post would be easier, but still involves a few years' study.
Good luck with your future choice of career.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment