Friday, December 7, 2012

What happens if i am diagnosed with type 1 diabetes?

Q. Will I have to go to the hospital if I am diagnosed with type 1 diabetes? If so, what will i do there? Will they just teach me how to control my diabetes? Will they just monitor me? Will they do anything that hurts to me besides insulin injections, and checking my blood sugar?

A. i'm not quite sure why you're asking this if you haven't even been diagnosed. did your doctor tell you he suspects you have t1? there is no way that a doctor would tell you that and then simply send you home without insulin or education. you don't even know if you have it, you don't claim to have any symptoms, and yet you're jumping to conclusions. take it one step at a time instead of freaking out over this. oh, and you DON'T need a catheter unless you are severely ill, unconscious, or physically unable to void on your own. stop obsessing over this...it's not healthy!


How often is "frequent urination for type 1 diabetes?"?
Q. I'm doing a research project on Type 1 Diabetes (Juvenile Diabetes) and I need to know symptoms. One thing I need to write is how often "frequent urinaton" is. Like, once an hour, twice an hour, once every two hours, ect. Help, please! This is worth 75% of my overall Science grade.

A. I, myself, have type 1 diabetes, so I guess my answer comes more from a personal experience. Umm, frequent urination would be like around every two hours. Sometimes I would just go to the bathroom because I feel I need to go, but when I get to the toilet, I can't urinate or anything. Its just an urge sometimes. Other symptoms include thirst, hunger, severe weight loss, and blurred vision. I hope this helps(:


How long can you go with undiagnosed Type 1 diabetes? Stupid i know, but please help.?
Q. I have been having symptoms of diabetes (i am 14) but i don't know if it is diabetes or not. I am not sure how to tell my mom that i think i have diabetes, so i was thinking about waiting another week and seeing how i feel then. My symptoms have been going on about a week now.

SO my question is, how long can you go with undiagnosed type 1 diabetes and still be perfectly fine?

A. Type 2 can go unnoticed for quite some time. Type 2 makes insulin. Type 1 will kill you if it goes ignored too long. you can't process anything you ate without insulin. Since a type 1 doesn't make insulin, the person actually starves to death despite the fact that they're eating.

Feeling fine? Well, you wont really. You'll start with the thirst and urination, then it gets so frequent you'll think you're losing your mind. This is coupled by irritability. This crabbiness is from the get-go, so you never really feel fine. If/when it evolves into Ketoacidosis (this is where it gets really dangerous), symptoms to expand to include funky smelling breath and pores, unexplainable sleepiness, labored breathing and ultimately projectile vomiting.

Talk to your parents right away. Dont wait.


What is the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes symptoms?
Q. I know the difference between type 1 and 2, but is there a difference in the symptoms?

A. Difference between type 1 and type 2

What is Type 1 Diabetes?

Type 1 Diabetes is a disorder in which the body does not produce insulin (a hormone that aids in moving sugar from the blood to the cells). This type of diabetes can be due to a virus or autoimmune disorder in which the body does not recognize an organ as its own and attacks it. In this case the body attacks an organ known as the pancreas where insulin is made. This type of diabetes is usually diagnosed before age 40.
What is the treatment for Type 1 Diabetes?

Those with Type 1 Diabetes are required to take insulin injections to move sugar from the bloodstream.
What about Type 2 Diabetes?

Type 2 Diabetes occurs when insulin that the body produces is less efficient at moving sugar out of the bloodstream. Some sugar is moved out of the blood, just not as effectively compared to a person with normal insulin efficiency. High blood sugar is a result of this. Type 2 Diabetes used to be thought of as the adult onset type of diabetes. However, an alarming rate of children are now being diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes.
How is Type 2 Diabetes Treated?

Diet, exercise, weight loss, and in many cases medication are the treatment for this type of diabetes. Occasionally, someone with Type 2 may be placed on insulin to better control blood sugar. This type of diabetes is associated with physical inactivity and obesity

Take care Tin





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment