Wednesday, December 5, 2012

I need to get rid of a Pot Belly that I got when I drank beer 10 years ago, but since quit drinking any alcoh?

Q. I am 52 and I am male, who stopped drinking beer and don't do any drugs anymore since 1984, however I have the potbelly of a huge guy that looks like he consumes gallons of beer a day. My legs are not big and my arms are normal. I noticed a bit of fat around my neck. I think my liver is not so good so it converts food to fat. I'll admit to drinking 2 liters of diet Pepsi a day but quit that too. Now all I drink is Diet green tea, but a lot of it. I have diabetes II and high blood pressure. I can't wait to start teaching this next semseter but I am not the role model that I should be by showing up 60 pounds overweight. The kids will say it is ok to be fat and eat like pigs at the drive thu's. I need to lose the fat and it gets hot as hell around here, so running is not feasable. I would like to walk but I'd have to lose weight before I rode a bike so the tires woudn't blow out. I really do not eat that much. I ate more before. It is really a problem to find t-shirts that fit.

A. Homeopathic Treatment for Excessive Fat and Weight :-
PHYTOLACCA BERRY's Mother Tincture is perhaps the safest and sure fire way of loosing excessive fat around abdomen. With Phytolacca Berry once you loose the excessive fat and weight you don't get it back because you body takes care of itself after that and keeps you from gathering up excessive fat. It is prescribed after having a baby too, to get the tummy to loose its flab and to make it flatter and tighter. And after loosing weight with this you don't get flabby it tightens up the flab and skin along with helping your body to shed the excessive accumulation of fat around the girth
The dosage is 15 to 20 drops of the tincture in half a cup of hot water thrice a day half hour before or after meals.
Avoid Chocolates, Coffee, Mints, Red Meat and Carbonated and Alcoholic drinks while taking Homeopathic Medicines. You have to take it for at least 30 to 45 days after that you start to feel the results.
To the best of my knowledge its the safest and the most sure fire way of loosing fat and weight and keeping it of for keeps. Excellent remedy for Obese people who cant seem to shed weight despite trying.
Homeopathic Remedies can be found at all Major Herbal Stores or could be bought on line, In most of the world Homeopathic remedies are quite cheap and easy to find and they do not need a prescription.
Take care and God Bless !


Did you know that if you have diabetes and eat or drink sweets it can put you to sleep?
Q. I have diabetes II and ate some cookies and lost almost all of today.
I won't be able to sleep for some time now.
Did you know about this?
Do you fall asleep after eating sugar?
Have you got diabetes and don't know it?
This should give you a clue if you eat sugar and then sleep your life away.
Actually that was yesterday I didn't wake up till today.

A. My grandfather has diabetes, It's gotten really tough for him, but he's pulled through. I did not know that happens to diabetics. If I drink to much root beer I go crazy and then I get really really tired. But it only happens with root beer...


What are the "normal", (non-diabetic) blood sugar ranges, before and after meals?
Q. I have diabetes II, and want to use diet and exercise to improve my health. My doctor doesn't spend much time answering my questions, and I can't get a straight answer about the normal ranges for blood sugar for non-diabetics, which I want to compare to my own, to see how far off I am (rather than just pulling out pills or insulin to normalize my blood sugar levels. If I find a particular food or activity makes my condition worse, I want to modify my activity level, or food choices. I want to take control of my condition, not just be lazy and take pills.
I am 62, and have diabetes II. I am not significantly overweight (only 20 lbs). I want to take control of my own health, and use diet and exercise to improve my health. I know how my blood sugar reacts when I eat certain foods, but would like to know what the ranges are for "normal", non diabetics, (before meals, 2 hours after, etc.) so that I can have a goal to work towards. I can't seem to get a straight answer on this. My doctor said to use insulin "temporarily", then later said that most people have to stay on it once they start. I know other diabetics whose blood sugar levels are much worse (double what mine are), who don't use insulin, (though significantly overweight, and inactive) and while I want to improve my condition, I don't want to do anything stupid, and make my condition worse.

If I have the "normal" range as a goal, and can see how certain foods or activities effect me, I can attempt to modify my food choices and activity level to improve my health.

A. I just received this information that you are asking for from my nutritionist last week.

People without Diabetes
Fasting - 70-100
2 hours after meal - 70-120

People with Diabetes: Ideal
Fasting - 80-120
2 hours after meal - 100-140

People with Diabetes: Target
Fasting - 80-140
2 hours after meal - 100-160

I am a T2, diagnoised 2 months ago. My doctor set these goals for me.

Fasting - less than 105
2 hours after meals - less than 130


How can I preclude life insurance blacklisting with Diabetes II?
Q. I have a case of Type II Diabetes and I have found that qualification for life insurance requires a blood test. Based on blood testing, companies will charge much more if a person has Type II Diabetes. I was wondering if there is some way to fool the company to make them believe that I am normal. Perhaps I could work out just before the test?

A. My wife has worked for several life insurance companies and worked for one for 23 years. She's now in surety bonds but keeps in touch with many people in the industry.

First off, if you lie on the application, you void the coverage. A life insurance application will ask about Diabetes. You won't fool anyone but yourself. Second, the blood test won't show Diabetes if you are in control on your blood glucose. Third, for many companies, you authorize them to obtain your medical records and many of those are held by your health insurance company and they are very willing to share authorized requests for data, most are interrelated in one way or another, owned by same parent company, using the same re-insurance company, etc. so its beneficial for all insurance companies to keep claims down.

There are some insurance companies that realize that in-control Diabetics live a healthier life than most other people and are beginning to price their policies accordingly and at least bringing them down to close to the same costs as a non-diabetic person. Shop around and find one of those companies. Get copies of your last few years A1C scores and show them that you are in control and therefore a good risk. This way, you've been up-front and honest and they can't void your coverage for insurance fraud.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment