Wednesday, December 5, 2012

How hard is it to put your own dog down?

Q. I can use my dads diabetees needles..... Dog is sick a d vet needs 75 dollars. Can you buy the solution from a pet supply?

A. no, but if you have the needles, you can use anything really.


Why is my grandfather always sleeping?
Q. Because my parents work I go to my grandparents house and spend time witht them, my grandfather hase diabetees and still eats sugary foods. Is it because he has diabetees? Or does him eating sugary foods influence his ffatigue? Please answer fast I'm worried for him.

A. Has he had thyroid tested? He needs testing for ANTIBODIES as well as TSH. TSH �norm� should be .3 � 3 (w/ most feeling best at < 2) but would not matter if antibodies are present. Indicative of Hashimoto�s Autoimmune Thyroiditis�main cause of HypOthyroid & is worse (...OR Graves Disease - HypERthyroid).

WARNING: Doctors seem not to want to find thyroid disease. You may have to go to more than one doctor before you get the right tests, interpretation, and treatment. Best wishes.

Ck these:
http://thyroid.about.com/bio/Mary-Shomon-350.htm
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/
http://www.thyrophoenix.com/index.html

God bless


This question is for people with diabetees?
Q. My mom has diabetees and i feel sorry for her. can you name me foods that diabetecs can it .

A. People with diabetes can eat virtually anything. The key is knowing what that particular food does to your blood sugar, and adjusting accordingly.

I have had diabetes since the age of 7 - I LOVE popcorn. After all this time, I know how my body metabolizes popcorn, and how much insulin I need to take when I eat it. My father-in-law also has diabetes, and popcorn does not affect his blood sugar the same way it affects mine.

It would be great if your mom attended classes with a CDE, or Certified Diabetes Educator. These are usually nurses or dieticians that have special training in caring for people with diabetes. When I was diagnosed (almost 40 years ago), there were forbidden foods. Not anymore. You can have ice cream, you can have cake - the thing is, you can't JUST eat ice cream and cake, and you need to adjust your diet the rest of the day. The American Diabetes Association (ADA) diet is very healthy - you can eat a lot of good stuff, and don't feel deprived. It is good for your heart, as well.

You can find a LOT of information on diabetes here http://www.diabetes.org/
and specifically about diet
http://www.diabetes.org/food-nutrition-lifestyle/nutrition/what-can-i-eat.jsp
some more diet info
http://www.endocrineweb.com/diabetes/treatment.html


Try to exercise with your mom, and encourage her to stick with the diet by following it with her. Offer to go with her to classes.


how do you deal with a spouse who has cancer?
Q. I lost my job and we have little income comming in and about a 3 months ago he was dignosed with diabetees and about month a ago my spouse was told he has cancer and they have to operate on him. how do I cope with all that is going on.and find a job at the same time. we have 5 kids and they are all acting differently with this news. how can I help them all and still keep up with the bills?

A. My heart goes out to you, as this is a very difficult siuation. It sounds as tho you have your hands full and you need help to deal with the practical things of life. First of all, do you belong to a church? Even if you have not been an active member, churches are networks of people that can provide you with free counseling for both you and your children, people to help with meals and other support networks. Second, as a nurse, I can tell you that when we care for patients, we are required to assess what kind of social service support the family needs -- counseling, financial assistance, etc. You said your husband would be undergoing surgery. DO contact the doctor or hospital involved in your spouses care, and ask to be put in contact with the medical social worker. They are compassionate and very helpful in a practical way. Last, DO contact your kids teachers and let them know what is happening. Schools are another source of help and support for your kids, from counseling, to after-school programs to lighten your load. And please, please, tell your friends and extended family what is going on in your life. It is not God's desire that you should face this time alone and He WILL provide the help and support you need if you reach out. I do know from experience what you are going thru, as 8 years ago, my husband was diagnosed with cancer as well. My kids were young, and it was a very scary time. But God did meet us, provided help and support and my husband is still here with me today. I will be praying for you. Good luck.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment