Saturday, December 1, 2012

What is the best diet for people with heart disease,stroke and blood disorders?

Q. I have been considering changing my diet to vegetarian because of my personal and family health history including heart disease, strokes and blood disorders. My boyfriend is overweight and has heart problems and diabetes. What diet would be best for us?

A. Low soduim, low fat diet. Stay away from processed food, fast food. Eat lean meat stay away from red meats. Try to bake your food not fry it. Do not add salt. Eat plenty of green vegies


Can diabetes be controlled by diet and exercise alone for how many years?
Q. have a question:

for how many years one can control diabetes by diet and exercise after it is confirmed. currently, i have type 2 with fasting glucose level early in the morning @ 96 .
3 months back it is 128 @ in the morning.

dont know for how many years it can be like this with good diet and exercise?

curious . any answers .

-bob

A. Theoretically, for the rest of your life. It's all in the diet and keeping the fat off. As long as you don't overwork your pancreas with excess refined carbohydrates and stay reasonably active, you'll enjoy a normal life. I do, and I'm 56. I've been diabetic for 5 years, and struggled and struggled until I found this simple formula: http://www.geocities.com/seabulls69/Type_II_Diabetes.html

As far as that nonsense answer that it's a progressive disease... yes it can be, if the patient is following the bozo doctor's advice and continues the crappy diet and the sulfonylureas (and other drugs) which wear out your pancreas. Doctors have no interest in curing people... the medical industry at large would go bankrupt in a hurry if people followed a simple, nutritious diet and exercise plan instead of the usual junky food and pharmaceutical recommendations that abound. The answers are out there folks, you just won't find them in your doctor's office.

I searched and searched all over for alternative ideas when my doctor's advice was to take more drugs. Once I stumbled on the obvious, (natural foods), the rest was easy.


what is the average cost of a diabetic diet?
Q. I live in Boise, ID, I want to avoid having to take insulin, and I am able to control my diabetes by diet, but need to know what a diabetic diet would cost me.

A. My husband and I are on a diabetic diet. It cost about $125 - $150 per week for both of us together in Mississippi, so I would say for one it would cost $60 - $100 a week.

I also look for sales in the groceries stores and stock up when I run across a good deal. This helps cut down some to. I buy the boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets in the 3lbs bag. This would last one person 2 or 3 weeks. I use Great Value brand from Wal - Mart, which are cheaper than name brands.

During the winter when strawberries are so high I buy a 4lbs bag of frozen strawberries, which are just as good as fresh and cheaper. The name is Frozsun Fruits and Vegetables. I also get these at Wal - Mart in the frozen freezer section.

I hope this will help you and good luck with your diabetes.


If someone has had undiagnosed type 2 diabetes for 4 years?
Q. Is it too late at this point to control or reverse diabetes with diet and lifestyle changes?

Also, what are the symptoms of an arm, leg or foot amputation needing to occur due to diabetes?

A. you can achieve great control if you follow the LOW Carb food plan and take the medications offered by the doctor no matter how long you have ignored the problem!!

We do not worry about amputation until a toe or finger turns black! This is why as diabetics we are told to pay good attention to our feet and not get any bruises or sores on them that we do not see the doctor about. Those are problems of the past with our improved medications and personal glucometers to know what our glucose readings are in real time all the time.

Start to work today with walking at least an hour as fast as you can every day! Malls for bad weather!! And follow South Beach phase 2, Atkins phase 3, Atkins Diabetes Revolution, Pritiken, Dr Sears, etc food plans. These are all good low carb food plans that do work!!

Most of us were undiagnosed for at least 4 years or more before we went to the doctor with some other complaint and they did blood panel work ups!! Type 2 is sneaky and progresses most of the time so slowly that we don't recognize the symptoms until they are overwhelming! If we even recognize them then!! We feel fine so why go spend money at the doctors when we can spend it on our pet hobbies!!!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment