Thursday, December 6, 2012

What happens if you have diabetes and eat before a blood test?

Q. Diabetes runs in my family and I'm probably going to get it any time now. My job gives annual physicals and if I'm found to have diabetes, I'll be fired. Would eating before a blood test stabilize my sugar level if I get it, or just mess everything up?

A. Eating before the blood test will cause your blood sugar to go higher. So for many people they'll eat breakfast and have honey, sugar in the coffee, etc and test borderline for diabetes - then have to go back and re-do it as a fasting blood sugar to get a better reading.

So if I were you would not eat before it at all -- or if you have to have very low carbs, sugar, etc.

Also, if you WERE to have diabetes, it is against the law to fire you for this. You would be covered under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA). So try not to worry about that.

Good luck!


What topics for diabetes is good for a research paper?
Q. I need to write a research paper about diabetes. The research I can do is about anything that is diabetes related. I can talk about the attention elderly patients are receiving or new treatments.

What some good topics? I need to have at least 15 scholarly articles or reviews. What will give me good amount of research? Plus, if you have any credible articles, send the me way.

Thank You.

A. Type 1 diabetes being induced by a virus, ot the different TYPES of diabetes. Diabetes mellitius is just one type of diabetes. Diabetics can have problems with a particular type of sugarf, fructose, instead of all kinds of sugars. Type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus are almost two different diseases. Write something about the increasing percentage of of YOUNG adults becoming type 1 diabetics AFTER having a viaal infection like pneumonia, chicken pox, or influenza.

I've been a type 1 dianetic since I was diagnosed in MAY, 1955. I am alive , well. kicking AND ENJOYING LIFE more than 57.5 years later. I had roseola, which is a strep infection, six months before I was diagnosed.


How does diabetes cause people to lose their foot?
Q. What is the relationship between a person having diabetes and the problems I see them having with their feet? My neighbor is constantly in the hospital for her foot because of her diabetes, why?

A. If you have diabetes, you may have an increased risk for developing foot sores, or ulcers. Foot ulcers are the most common reason for hospital stays for people with diabetes. It may take weeks or even several months for your foot ulcers to heal. Diabetic ulcers are often painless.
Major increase in mortality among diabetic patients, observed over the past 20 years is considered to be due to the development of macro and micro vascular complications, including failure of the wound healing process.
Diabetes mellitus neuropathy (the most common in the U.S. today, resulting in destruction of foot and ankle joints), with Charcot joints in 1/600-700 diabetics. Related to long-term poor glucose control.
Diabetes mellitus - causes between two and four times increased risk of PVD by causing endothelial and smooth muscle cell dysfunction in peripheral arteries. Diabetics account for up to 70% of nontraumatic amputations performed, and a known diabetic who smokes runs an approximately 30% risk of amputation within 5 years.


How does the development of diabetes directly relate to a feedback system?
Q. Paragraph on how Development of diabetes is directly related to feedback system, In your description describe how the feedback system works, organs, & molecules involved, also the direct effect of breakdown of a feedback system.

A. Diabetes is a medical problem. Do your own homework!





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment