Friday, December 7, 2012

What are the signs of diabetes? And is it possible that i could have it?

Q. Just like the headline, what are the signs of diabetes? I've gone around looking up on the internet and some medical books and found that the symptoms are, increased hunger, thirst, fatigue, increase in urination both volume and frequency. But what else are there?

And so far i've noticed that i've been experiencing both increased thirst and urination, but not much of hunger out of all those. Is there a possible chance that i could have it?

A. The best thing you can do would be going to your local doctor and getting a diagnosis.. Try to limit the amount of sugars you eat. Diabetes is caused by to many sugars. U should also drink plenty of water. Water is the defense against diabetes remember that. Also excersise alot. I personally dont think u have diabetes..Unless ur overweight, or have a history of family with diabetes or never excersise but you should be fine..:) I piss alot too lol. u might just be drinking too much liquids.


What are the signs of diabetes in young teenage girls?
Q. I have had my friends grandma who is a nurse tell me she thinks that I might be becoming diabetic. And It runs in my family. Lately I have been feeling kind of sick and my weight has been really weird. What are all the signs of diabetes in young teenage girls?
Im 15.

A. Excessive thirst.
Excessive need to urinate, particularly at night.
Tiredness and listlessness.
Weight loss, even if appetite remains the same or increases.
Thrush or genital itching.
Blurred vision.
An increased healing time for cuts, scratches and scrapes.
Irritability or short temper.
Cramps or constipation (more common for Type II diabetes).


What are early signs of diabetes? And what kind of testing is done to check for it?
Q. I bruise easily and was told it could be a sign of diabetes. I am only 27. Also what do doctors do to test for diabetes?
Also I get light headed sometimes, hotflashes, can go from happy to sad at times,I do urinate frequently but always have,sometimes I feel weak like I dont have energy like usual I dont know if any of these symptoms have anything to do w/ this but if I dont control my moods my husband is going to leave me. I dont know whats going on. I will get a bruise and it will take months for it to disappear. I was adopted so I dont know much about my medical history but I do know diabetes,strokes, cancer, thyroid disease runs on my bio. fathers side. I get chest pains on the left side of my chest but its hard to tell what it is from indigestion its not real intense but it is bothersome @ times.

A. 1) Excessive thirst; constant thirst
2) Tired all the time; no amount of rest makes this better. Not enough energy to do ADL's. I sometimes would make a batter and literally not have the energy to put it from the bowl into the pan into the oven, I was so sick, and didn't know it. This disease totally mimics chronic fatigue syndrome.
3) Some people are hungry all the time, no matter how much they eat. Some people lose weight no matter how much they eat. Some people completely lose their appetite.
4) Extreme mood swings; emotional volatility, irritability, inability to cope w/ sometimes even the smallest problems or issues, as in literally NOT HAVING THE ENERGY TO COPE W/ SOMETHING, not wimping out.
5) Sometimes, symptoms of undiagnosed/untreated diabetes can mimic Manic-Depressive Disorder, or BPD (Bi-Polar Disorder).
6) In my own life, I have found hot flashes, anxiety attacks, "red in the face" issues, inability to deal w/ heat and humidity to be symptoms of blood sugars way too high, too.
7) Any significant changes in vision, of any kind-- GO GET CHECKED OUT!
8) Sometimes extreme depression sometimes with no obvious causes, as in out of keeping w/ a person's normal character.
9) Frequent urination, especially at night.
10) Craving sweets can also be a symptom.
11) The person's breath can smell "fruity" or "pear-like".

Most medical folks will take blood to check blood sugar and will also do a test called a Hemoglobin A1-C which will tell them what your bloodsugars have be running/trending for the last 3 months/90 days or so. Some doctors will order a Glucose Tolerance Test, but if your fasting blood sugar is above I think it's 120 now (used to be 140), your Dr. will strongly be suspecting diabetes.


What are the signs of diabetes?
Q. I have two signs of diabetes, being thirsty all the time, and having to go to the bathroom a lot. What are other signs, so I know if I should get tested or not?

A. Here are the most common symptoms.

Frequent urination (causing the kidneys to work harder) due to excessive urine

Excessive thirst

Tired and weak-flu like symptoms-causing maybe a slow down in activity levels

Hunger and increased appetite-causing weight gain

Weight loss in spite of eating more or weight gain fluctuations

Less common are

Tiredness-just a general lack of energy from the food not being metabolized

Dry skin

Dry mouth-causing thirst

Head aches and pains

Blurred vision

Impotence

Yeast infections

Difficulty in healing sores frequent infections

Nerve damage-numbness in extremities

There is absolutely no harm in erring on the side of caution for these symptoms. It is always best to check especially if you are in a high risk category or have some inherited high risk factors.



http://www.diabetesinfoforyou.com is one of literally hundreds of thousands of resources.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment