Friday, December 7, 2012

If I am planning on doing a small fundraiser, should I contact the charity first?

Q. I've been thinking about raising money for CODA (Central Ohio Diabetes Association) and JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) by shaving my head. Kind of like a "How much will you pay me to shave my head?" then giving the money to the two organizations. Should I contact these organizations beforehand?

A. Yes, you should contact them beforehand. First, if someone wants to verify that you are truly collecting money for them, then they have the real answer. 2nd, before you decide, you should have a $ amount in mind. Will you shave your head for $5? What if no one really cares if you shave your head or not and you only get a little money? I think that perhaps the shaving of the head could be a part of the fund raiser, but not the whole thing. How much do you realistically think you can get for shaving your head? Will it be enough to share with 2 such large organizations? Consider joining another fund raiser or donate to a local group. Think out your options before you speak publicly.


What is the best idea for a Backyard football scoreboard?
Q. My friends and I are making a huge football field and we are getting serious! We are getting bleachers, Flood lights, Concession stands, tickets, and much more. All the money we receive from the concession stands and tickets will go to the ADA (American Diabetes Association) because one of my friends is diabetic. We need some ideas for good scoreboard ideas. The cheapest, smallest scoreboard I found is too much to pay for, so any Ideas???

A. just use a whiteboard its cheap and easy to erase


How to get Donations to a Charity?
Q. I am riding in a 62 mile bicycle ride for diabetes.
I have a goal of $500 to give to the American Diabetes Association and will pay the amount I can't get sponsored for.

What are clever ways to get people to sponsor me in this ride and help the cause?

Do you donate time or money to charity?


Here is the site where people can donate - http://main.diabetes.org/goto/Terry.Munroe

A. You're so kind. Try to get coverage from local media or tv station - then seek some corporate bodies or local business outlet to sponsor. Put the logo's of the sponsor on your shirt while riding the bicycle - for the one who sponsored the most - put their logo's on the hat or helmet that you are going to wear.


Where can i donate unused insulin needles?
Q. I am a diabetic and have recently tranferred over to using a "pen" instead of needles for injection. I have many boxes of needles that i dont want to throw out and are worth enough money, I have no problem donating them but every hospital or even the Canadian Diabetes Association will not take them. Where can i donate them. I live in Niagara region in Ontario Canada.

A. Keep them.
You may go back and forth between the pen and injections.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment