Thursday, December 6, 2012

Is there common side effects of diabeties mistaken for early pregnancy?

Q. I was recently diagonsed with diabeties and have been recently sexually active. I havn't yet missed my period but i have been researching early symptoms of pregnancy and i have many of them. Symptoms similar to getting my period, which im not supposted to have untill next month. Does anyone know if their are symptoms mixed up with diabeties and pregnancy?

A. Generally to diagnose diabetes a series of blood tests are run--where you given any blood tests?


Can hypoglycemia occur in people who dont have diabeties?
Q. Or is it ok for people with out diabeties to feel like this?Is it a different name when people without diaeties feel like this?

A. Yep. If you dont eat enough, you can end up hypo.. No biggie, happens a lot. Have a snack.


Is it possible to not have diabeties if you are border line and you eat healthier?
Q. I just found out today that i am a borderline diabetic and i was wondering that if i cut down on portion sizes and start exercising every day that it will make it so i wont have diabeties in the future.
i am also overweight
also when my doctor last checked my blood sugar it was 130 afeter eating 3 cookies with icing

A. Borderline type 2 diabetes should be considered as diabetes - you have the same risks and need to make the same changes a diabetic does.

It sure is possible to stop it becoming full-blown diabetes! You may not be able to hold it off forever, but you may gain many years or even decades if you try.

Learn about carbohydrates - all carbs (including sugary foods, potatoes, bread, etc) will put a strain on your pancreas and cause the spikes in blood sugar.

Balancing your carb intake, trying to avoid high carb foods, getting some exercise, and generally looking after yourself all help to keep diabetes at bay. If you're overweight, then these diet changes would help you lose weight too, which in turn decreases your insulin resistance and helps you keep better blood sugars.

You might want to look into getting a blood sugar meter - generally pre-diabetics aren't told to get one, but I think it's a good idea. It's the only way to see how different foods affect you.

I should add: The only time these sort of changes make no difference at all is when you're found to be a type 1. Unlikely though, as 90 - 95% of diabetics are type 2. Type 1 is very fast progressing and has nothing to do with the way you eat or how much you weigh.


My sister also has Type I Diabeties, her mood swings when she is high & low are horrible is there meds?
Q. My sister also has Type I Diabeties, her mood swings when she is high & low are horrible is there meds or alternatives in avoiding her freaking out. She is 17 and was just rendered diabetic about a year ago, she almost died her blood was in the upper 800s. Now she is trying to maintain it and I just can't handle her moods sometimes.

A. Get on line and start researching insulin pumps. I can't stress enough the way it helped even out my son's mood swings. It was like someone flipped a switch. You get much, much tighter control on a pump than you do with MDI (shots) which in turn means fewer mood swings due to Bg fluctuations. My son uses the Omnipod and absolutely loves it.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment