Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I am 18 years old and have had type 1 diabetes for 18 years. Recently i have become sexually active?

Q. but sometimes i can't keep a hard on. I find that when this happens my blood sugar is usually low. Does low blood sugar cause this? Also, does type 1 diabetes cause ED? My A1C is always <6.5.

A. Most of the diabetic problems are resoled when their blood sugar levels are within the range.

Erectile Dysfunction can be caused by diabetes.

Visit
http://erectiledysfunctioncure.blogspot.com for more info on ED due to diabetes its treatment and cure


Is there a app to find nutritional info from my OWN recipes?
Q. Is there a app to find nutritional info from my recipes?
I have a Samsung Galaxy table 7.0 and am looking for an app where if you have a recipe and entering the ingredients it will tell you the nutritional info. Like a a recipe nutrition calculator.

My son who is 15 months was just diagnosed with type 1 diabetes and something like this would be a great help. Thanks.

A. FitDay and Calorie King have web-based interfaces whereby you can input a recipe and then it will calculate nutrition information. I believe the USDA MYPlate Supertracker also has a similar function. These aren't apps, though.

The problem arises when you cannot find an exact fit for the ingredient you are planning on using, or you are not exact on the portion sizes.


How exactly do you get diabetes?
Q. I'm so curious. I'm confused about how people get diabetes. I've read articles about how you get it but I still just don't understand. Do you get it from too much sugar, or not eating enough, or what? How do you get Type 1 diabetes? Do you only get Type 2 diabetes if you're overweight, do all overweight people get diabetes?

A. It is a myth that you get diabetes from eating too much sugar, according to the American Diabetes Association.

People are not all born with Type 1. For instance, I did not have it til I was 11, and my friend did not have it til she was 16.

"Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease. An autoimmune disease results when the body�s system for fighting infection�the immune system�turns against a part of the body. In diabetes, the immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas. The pancreas then produces little or no insulin. A person who has type 1 diabetes must take insulin daily to live.

At present, scientists do not know exactly what causes the body�s immune system to attack the beta cells, but they believe that autoimmune, genetic, and environmental factors, possibly viruses, are involved. Type 1 diabetes accounts for about 5 to 10 percent of diagnosed diabetes in the United States. It develops most often in children and young adults but can appear at any age."
(from http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/overview/index.htm#types)

For Type 2:
"The most common form of diabetes is type 2 diabetes. About 90 to 95 percent of people with diabetes have type 2. This form of diabetes is most often associated with older age, obesity, family history of diabetes, previous history of gestational diabetes, physical inactivity, and certain ethnicities. About 80 percent of people with type 2 diabetes are overweight.

When type 2 diabetes is diagnosed, the pancreas is usually producing enough insulin, but for unknown reasons the body cannot use the insulin effectively, a condition called insulin resistance."
(From the same source as the info on type 1)

Type 1 is not preventable. Type 2 is preventable to a certain degree, but obviously there is nothing a person can do about their age or family history.


Why do I see green when my blood sugar is low?
Q. I have type 1 diabetes, diagnosed at age 7 (I am 17 now). During the past few years, when my blood sugar is low I have been seeing a very large green circle in the center of my vision. It is really difficult to concentrate on one object in my direct line-of-sight because of the weird green blob, almost like a thick green wax paper.

I just want to know WHY this green circle appears . . . All I can find info on is "BLURRED vision and low blood sugar".

Any ideas why this happens?

A. That is called a "visual aberration", and it is very common in hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) attacks. Personally, I see WHITE, like a bad television image that is too bright.

Forget about the "blurred" vision thing. ANY time your vision is not right you need to call your doctor





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment