Thursday, December 6, 2012

How big is the chance I will get diabetes?

Q. I'm a 14 year old guy, 6' and 142 lbs. My grandfather has diabetes II so I'm very afraid I will get it too. But if I never drink soda, never eat candy, and only processed foods like chocolate and a a small piece of apple pie in the weekends (so only fruit, vegetables, maccaroni, fish, nuts, whole grain bread, water and tea on the weekdays) how big is my chance I will get Diabetes?

A. Diabetes runs in families.

However, at 14 I would think you would have years before you have to worry about it. And maybe not even then if you continue your healthy ways.


I have Diabetes II. Can you suggest a healthy snack to eat?
Q. I just was diagnosed with diabetes type II. I do not drink nor smoke, but boy did I do sugar... Now I have to learn to eat without eating sugar. Any suggestions regarding snacks?

A. My husband and I are both type 2 diabetics. This is what our dietitian suggested we eat: low fat, low carbohydrate snacks with 22 grams of total carbohydrates or less. Be sure to read your labels on packages for serving size and total carbohydrates.

Example: 3 - Murray sugar free chocolate chip with pecans cookies. Total carbohydrates: 18grams, which = 1 carb. Murray has some good choices such as: sugar free vanilla waffer cookies, which 4 cookies has a total of 20 grams = 1carb. You can find these and a lot more at Wal -Mart in the cookie section.

We also can have sugar free Jello with a dab of light Cool Whip.

Blue Bunny has a wonderful sugar free ice cream called Banana Split, we can have 1/2 cup. It taste sooo good! You won't believe it is sugar free, but it is! The only place I have found this ice cream is at Wal - Mart.

Our dietitian allows us to have a small amount of things with low sugar as long as we stay within our carbohydrate limit. My husband gets 5 carb choices at a meal and I get 4 at a meal.

Example: 11/2 low fat graham crackers is about 19 grams = 1 carb. or 6 vanilla waffers = 1 carb. You can also find these at Wal - Mart.

Fruit is always a good choice for a snack. We like canned peaches without sugar, 12 grams = 1 carb. sprinkled with 1 or 2 packs of Splenda and add a dab of Light Cool Whip... Good!

I could tell you more, but you really need to get your doctor to send you to a registered diatitian. A dietitian can explain to you all about carbohydrates. What you should and should not eat. How many calories you need per meal including snacks.
Every diabetic is different, and has different needs that is why it is so important to get as much education on diabetes and how to eat what is right for your particular needs.

To make your own sugar free snacks you might want to visit these websites: Splenda.com, Jell-o.com.

For more information on diabetes here are some good websites: www.ada.org, www.webmd.com, prevention.com, about.com

I really hope this helps you. Good luck with your diabetes.


I need to get rid of a Pot Belly that I got when I drank beer 10 years ago, but since quit drinking any alcoh?
Q. I am 52 and I am male, who stopped drinking beer and don't do any drugs anymore since 1984, however I have the potbelly of a huge guy that looks like he consumes gallons of beer a day. My legs are not big and my arms are normal. I noticed a bit of fat around my neck. I think my liver is not so good so it converts food to fat. I'll admit to drinking 2 liters of diet Pepsi a day but quit that too. Now all I drink is Diet green tea, but a lot of it. I have diabetes II and high blood pressure. I can't wait to start teaching this next semseter but I am not the role model that I should be by showing up 60 pounds overweight. The kids will say it is ok to be fat and eat like pigs at the drive thu's. I need to lose the fat and it gets hot as hell around here, so running is not feasable. I would like to walk but I'd have to lose weight before I rode a bike so the tires woudn't blow out. I really do not eat that much. I ate more before. It is really a problem to find t-shirts that fit.

A. Homeopathic Treatment for Excessive Fat and Weight :-
PHYTOLACCA BERRY's Mother Tincture is perhaps the safest and sure fire way of loosing excessive fat around abdomen. With Phytolacca Berry once you loose the excessive fat and weight you don't get it back because you body takes care of itself after that and keeps you from gathering up excessive fat. It is prescribed after having a baby too, to get the tummy to loose its flab and to make it flatter and tighter. And after loosing weight with this you don't get flabby it tightens up the flab and skin along with helping your body to shed the excessive accumulation of fat around the girth
The dosage is 15 to 20 drops of the tincture in half a cup of hot water thrice a day half hour before or after meals.
Avoid Chocolates, Coffee, Mints, Red Meat and Carbonated and Alcoholic drinks while taking Homeopathic Medicines. You have to take it for at least 30 to 45 days after that you start to feel the results.
To the best of my knowledge its the safest and the most sure fire way of loosing fat and weight and keeping it of for keeps. Excellent remedy for Obese people who cant seem to shed weight despite trying.
Homeopathic Remedies can be found at all Major Herbal Stores or could be bought on line, In most of the world Homeopathic remedies are quite cheap and easy to find and they do not need a prescription.
Take care and God Bless !


Did you know that if you have diabetes and eat or drink sweets it can put you to sleep?
Q. I have diabetes II and ate some cookies and lost almost all of today.
I won't be able to sleep for some time now.
Did you know about this?
Do you fall asleep after eating sugar?
Have you got diabetes and don't know it?
This should give you a clue if you eat sugar and then sleep your life away.
Actually that was yesterday I didn't wake up till today.

A. My grandfather has diabetes, It's gotten really tough for him, but he's pulled through. I did not know that happens to diabetics. If I drink to much root beer I go crazy and then I get really really tired. But it only happens with root beer...





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment