Monday, December 3, 2012

Anybody got success stories of healthy babies with insulin dependent gestational diabetis?

Q. I have insulin dependent gestational diabetis.
My 1 hr after meal sugar went to 160 almost 4 times in one month while on insulin. I am trying to control and working with my Gynacologist but lost 5 pounds also.

A. Please don't be discouraged -- I realize that's easy for me to say. My daughter-in-law had the same problem and now she is healthy and non-diabetic and we have a healthy granddaughter. Hang in there --when you hold your baby you'll know it was worth everything you went through.


I need to know the foods I can eat and should not eat with diabetis.?
Q. I am overwhelmed with the leaflets I have read on diabetis and I need to know exactly what I should eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Maybe there is a book I can get with a lot if information on the foods I can have.

A. try this site.......very informative

http://www.diabeticfoods.com


what is the safe level for someone having diabetis ?
Q. my girlfriend had diabetis during her pregnancy and may have gotten it again , her sugar levels are off and shes complaining about being tired and has had some what of mood swings as well so what is the safe level and at what times it the best to test for it after a meal or snacks ?

A. There is a type of diabetes that women can get only when they are pregnant. It is called gestational diabetes and disappears after the baby is born.
Normal blood sugar is between 70 and 120. There are various times of the day to check blood sugar, and should be tested 4 to 6 times a day.
One incident of low or high blood sugar does not indicate a problem. The sugar levels should be monitored over a two week period, and be tested in the morning as soon as possible after arising, before she has had anything to eat or drink, one hour after meals and again before bedtime. This gives an accurate picture of what the pattern of blood sugar is during the course of the day. Also note what is eaten and how the body reacts to the food, and how it affects the blood sugar. It is normal to have fluctuations in the blood sugar at certain times of the day, and to have it higher one hour after meals, but it should stay within the 70 to 120 range. At some time mid-morning, and mid afternoon, it is normal to have a drop in blood sugar, which can make some individuals tired. At this time a snack of fruit or fruit juice should raise the blood sugar and alleviate these feelings. If the blood sugar is consistantly high or low, or shows extremes in levels from very low before meals to very high after meals, there may be some glucose intolerance which needs to be followed by a physician. Type II Diabetes is very common in individuals over 40, who have a familial predisposition for diabetes, and can be controlled with proper balanced diet and sufficient exercise. In cases where this is not possible, or unsuccessful, individuals are placed on oral hypoglycemic tablets, which help the person's own pancreas secrete the insulin that is needed to break down the sugar. (It is not insulin) Best advice is if she is concerned about her blood sugar, she should be evaluated by a physician.


Natural Diabetis cure drug companys don't want you to know about?
Q. I have heard about a book that tells how there is a natural way to cure diabetis, is anybody up on that?

A. No cure. But, you can control it through diet. I do. I take no medications or insulin. I take vitamins, including R-ALA, Chromium Picolinate and Biotin. I drink only water and/or stevia sweetened beverages.

I started at an A1c of 11.9. Three months later I was at 6.8 and 6 months after that I was at 5.6.

I did it by eliminating almost all carbs from my diet. The carbs I get are from leafy green vegetables, a few other vegetables and cheese. I eat decent amounts of every other kind of protein and fat. Occasionally I splurge on weekends or holidays and eat more carbs than I should. But, it keeps me sane and satisfies the cravings.

My 2 hour post prandials are typically under 120 and in many cases right about 100.

I anticipate my next A1c will be about 5.3 or 5.4.

Anyone that is Type II can do this.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment