Wednesday, December 5, 2012

When I get a diabetes test, should I eat sugar before?

Q. I'm getting a diabetes test tomorrow and I'm wondering if I should eat something sugary before or not. I eat healthy with a diet low in sugar so I'm not sure if I should eat something with sugar so it can how high blood sugar. Thanks

A. An initial blood sugar test will check your "normal" blood sugar level, then stress your system with a high-sugar substance and recheck your blood sugar to see how your body handles it. Just eat the way you normally would unless your doctor has told you to fast.


Having my gestational diabetes test in a few days?
Q. Last time that I had my blood taken, I blacked out, over heated and almost puked. They took about 4 viles last time. This time they are going to take 2 viles, is there anyway to avoid having another black out spell? I'm not scared this time around, but I prefer not to have that horrible feeling this time.

Also what happens if my diabetes test comes out positive and I have diabetes? Will my baby be okay, and what will I need to do for him?

A. Usually that sort of reaction to a blood draw stems from not having enough nutrients in your system. The glucose test consists of a somewhat nasty drink, then you wait an hour and they do the blood draw. The drink gives you nutrients, so it shouldn't happen again.

If the test comes out positive, you will likely have to repeat it. The second test is waiting 3 hours. If that is still positive, then USUALLY you are prescribed a pill that you take until the baby is born. The doc may want to do more draws to monitor the levels, but its not like when you have regular diabetes and need to check you blood sugar all the time. The baby could be born large, and the pills will help to keep that from happening. If you want to know more about it, you could Google "gestational diabetes" and see what comes up. Good luck!


how do you make your diabetes test normal so the doctor will think they made a mistake in diagnosis?
Q. how do you make your diabetes test normal so the doctor will think they made a mistake in diagnosis?
i dont want to be diabetic but i want to get doc off my back about sorting it as i cant face talking bout bulimia how do i make blood sugar normal or low to convince her shes wrong and to leave me alone.

A. The only thing you could do to make glucose lowwer is to walk about 1 hour 30 min. before doctors appointment.

Tin


is it safe to prick yourself with those at home diabetes tests that someone else used?
Q. is it safe to prick yourself with those at home diabetes tests that someone else used? is it the same needle that goes into you that went into the other person? also the plastic sheet that collects ur blood is a new sheet used each time???

A. no you should use a new lancet (needle) and use a new test strip when testing otherwise you could get a disease or your results will not be accurate.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment