Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What causes people with Type 1 diabetes to get bad headaches and migraines?

Q. My little brother has type 1 diabetes and was diagnosed with it at 12 months old and he sometimes get bad migraines. What causes migraines and bad headaches when you have type 1 diabetes?

He is 17 years old and is a big part of me. If something ever happened to him, damn I don't know what I'd do.
I need some responses here guys.
Thank Tralee, but he already has an insulin pump as do most people with type 1.

A. I have had type 1 since I was 16 yrs old and have had migraines as well . It is because your sugar goes too high and puts excess pressure on your brain cells causing exspansion of them and that is what causes the migraines . I got this info from my dr and also I got a prescription for sumatriptan and it does help but makes you very drowsy and you cannot do anything after that .


How can we prevent diabetes type 2? What would be the best diet to prevent?
Q. I currently am writing an article about diabetes. I have been searching and reading many evidence-based articles. However, I'd like to hear your own opinion on diabetes type 2.

A. As you probably know heredity, plays a big roll.

For diet, whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats and poultry, Stay away from the white stuff, white bread, potato's, sugar, white rice etc. Eat as little processed food as possible . All carbs are not created equal a white potato and a sweet potato have the same carbs but metabolize differently, check out the Glycemic Index on foods it will give you more info. Exercise, weight is a big part of it also. If it runs in your family, I don't know if you can prevent it, but maybe you can delay it. The closer to nature the food is the better. Read labels and don't go by net carbs unless your on Adkins. STAY AWAY FROM JUNK FOOD! I hope this helps.


What activity could I do to entertain and inform my listeners about diabetes?
Q. I am doing a presentation on diabetes and I need to keep my audience entertained and informed.
What activity could I do to make a presentation about diabetes fun. I already have all the information that I need but it just seems boring especially for a bunch of 17-19 year olds. Can anyone help me? My presentation revolves around teen and adult diabetes if that helps.

A. Well..
I have type one diabetes and anyone who knows anyone about the disease (as I'm sure you do) knows it's not something 'fun'.
But of course, you don't want to bore your audience to death.

I cannot really think of any way to make if fun, but don't just throw facts at the audience. Use examples, tell stories, ect. I know what I'm much more interested in a more personal presentation than someone naming stupid statistics.

Wish I could be more help.
Feel free to message me if you need any info.

~Lindsey (:


Can you develop diabetes from having hypoglycemia?
Q. I am hypoglycemic (as you may know from previous questions) and I am wondering if you could develop diabetes from it. Hypoglycemia is a walk in the park compared to diabetes, and I have a family history of diabetes. Is it possible that your hypoglycemia could get worse and turn into diabetes?

A. HI YOU
YOU HAVE VERY LITTLE SUGAR IN YOUR BODY DIABTES IS WHEN YOU HAVE YOU MUCH BUT HERE IS THE BIG BUT YOUR BODY NEED SO MUCH SUGAR TO HELP IT WORK AND WHEN IT DROPS DOWN TO LOW AS YOU SAY IS IN YOUR CASE IT MEANS YOU ARE ALSO DOING DAMAGE TO YOURSELF AND IS WHY DIABETIC DO THERE BEST NOT TO GET THEM IF I WHERE YOU I WOULD LOOK THIS UP ON THE NET TO GET AS MUCH INFO AS POSSABLE ON IT





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment