Tuesday, December 4, 2012

My husband was just diagnosed with Pre Diabetes. What can he eat and can't?

Q. I'm worried about it. He is 43 and is a really skinny person. All of the searches I have read said loose wait, loose wait but he doesnt need to. I guess he just needs to watch his diet but we dont know what he can and can't eat. I just dont want him to get Diabetes. :( Any of you with Pre diabetes?? If so, How are you taking care of yourself??
Thank you!

A. Here is a recipe for life..


There are 3 key steps to controlling glucose levels for pre diabetes:
1) EXERCISE- Walking is fine but Nordic Walking is Ghreat. Exercise also lowers Glucose levels , lowers Cholesterol and lowers Blood Pressure. Google it.Exercise is Non-Negotiable !!!Thats why it is Number 1 on the list.
2) Knowledge- http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/index.ph� This is a great site for info
3)Diet- A low carb diet is in order. I can't count carbs so I use Mendosa's Glycemic Index Diet. Great for the whole family. http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

Good luck and welcome to the club

Ben Trolled


I need new health coverage. I have pre-diabetes, or am diabetic. I have been denied 5 times and need to know?
Q. I have been denied 5 times and need to know what companies insure those with pre-diabetes or diabetes. I also want one that has the best coverage for the lowest amount.

I will need the insurance for about 2 years. I am a full time student, self-employed in Direct Sales, 39 years old, and a widow. I live in Tennessee.

A. Hi Mandy

There is an article you probably want to check

In the article they 're reviewing the TOP 5 �Resources for Diabetes Care"

To qualify them, they have selected 3 basic criteria:

1. Quality Content
2. Useful Information
3. Valuable Tips

You probably will find some resources more interesting and useful than others. But in general terms they all provide very valuable information which I believe really worth considering. Click the link below to find out more

Hope you find useful, Good luck


What kind of things does a pre-diabetic eat?
Q. I want to know a little bit about pre-diabetics. Is their a possibility that one can live an entire lifetime with pre-diabetes, or does everyone always eventually get diabetes? What kind of food can pre-diabetics eat? Whats the difference between pre-diabetes and diabetes?

A. Researchers began to follow the patients in 1986 by assigning them to one of three intervention groups. They were put on a diet program, an exercise program, or a regimen of both, which lasted until 1992.

When researchers followed up with the patients in 2006, they found that the combined diet and exercise program reduced the incidence of diabetes by 51 per cent during the six-year intervention period, compared to a control group. Over the entire 20-year span of the study, the diet and exercise regimen reduced the incidence of diabetes by 43 per cent.

While it is well known that a healthy lifestyle can reduce risk factors for a variety of health problems, including diabetes, this study shows that improved diet and exercise habits can stave off diabetes over a long-term period.

A pre-diabetic should , along with the rest of the family eat a low Glycemic diet. http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

impaired glucose tolerance, a pre-diabetes condition whereby blood sugar levels are higher then normal. This happens when the body does not produce enough insulin, or does not properly use insulin, which carries glucose into the body's cells to be used as energy.
To me the term Pre-diabetes is the best way to describe Insulin resistance.When your blood sugars are between 100 and 126.
The term was being thrown under the rug by some because it may scare people.Well they damn well best be scared.This is a very serious disease. Millions die each year because of this disease.
Kitty

Don't forget the exercise.......


How do I keep from getting type 2 diabetes?
Q. I found out that my dad has been diagnosed as having pre-diabetes. I was told that I may have some of the symptoms that may indicate the same thing. For instance, I get shaky and irritable if I haven't eaten in a long while. How can I modify my diet so that I won't get diabetes and have to be on insulin all the rest of my life?

A. Consult your doctor and tell her (or him) that your dad was cautioned about being "pre-diabetic" and that you want to change your lifestyle to help lower your chances of being diagnosed with diabetes. It is possible to lower your chances of developing diabetes by watching your diet and controlling your weight.

When your dad's doctor told him he was "pre-diabetic" it was meant to be a "wake-up call" to inspire him to adjust his diet and level of exercise so that he doesn't develop full-blown diabetes.

It is possible to be at an increased risk of diabetes if someone in yur family has it, just as a woman has a higher risk of breast cancer if her mother, aunt, or sister or another relative was diagnosed with it.


Being diagnosed with diabetes is not a "lifetime sentence of insulin use" as diabetes can be managed through diet, contrary to what someone else here has asserted.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment