Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Is it possible to have alcohol deficiency?

Q. I am friends with a girl who says that she must drink alcohol for medical reasons. She says that she lacks alcohol in her blood, just as a dibetic lacks insulin. Is this a recognized medical condition? If so, I would appreciate any info on it. Thanks in advance.
She says it isn't a drinking problem, because she doesn't actually drink at social events. I am baffled. The blood does naturally contain alcohol, right?
BTW, she was acting very serious, and I don't think she was lying.
Great answer armyvet! But I don't think she wants to get away from me... We've been friends since 5th grade...
Uncle82Jr.:
"That is absurd.....i don't know what else to say. You sound like you want to believe that. What is wrong with you, get some common sense."

I'm sorry... you are right. It's hard to believe your longest, truest friend has a problem.

A. I tried my best to come up with some sort of justification for your friend...but in the end, my conclusion is this:
She's making up stories

I was able to find some health benefits to consuming MODERATE levels of alcohol which include (and might I add, the actual website said, "it may")

-Reduce your risk of developing heart disease, peripheral vascular disease and intermittent claudication
-Reduce your risk of dying of a heart attack
-Possibly reduce your risk of strokes, particularly ischemic strokes
-Lower your risk of gallstones
-Possibly reduce your risk of diabetes


How long can i diabetc live without food and insulin?
Q. if i dibetic didn't eat any food and didn't take any insulion how long would they live?
i didn't ask this question because i wanted someone to die. i was just wondering because i'm a diabetic. And i was just wondering how long would i have been able to live if i wasn't diognosed
P.S. I'm out of honey moon

A. The first time I had a case of the flu after starting on insulin I made the mistake of thinking that if I could not keep food down I should stop taking insulin so I wouldn't get too low. Huge mistake! I went 4 days without eating and without insulin. I ended up in the emergency room then into intensive care very close to coma and death from dehydration. So it wouldn't take long.


OK, a nutrition question. How much sugar is in Corn on the cob and is it good sugar or bad???
Q. My husband will not eat corn on the cob because he says "It's got to much sugar in it". He is dibetic? Is there a web sight that tells me how much sugar is in corn ect???

A. 75% of the sugar in corn on the cob will turn to starch within 24 hours. .... The real problem with it is that it's high in carbs, and carbs raise your blood sugar.....There are alot of books available for diabetics, with tables of all ingredients in fresh, frozen & canned foods (by brand), and even charts for alot of different fast food & restaurant dishes


do visitors in uk from abroad over the age of 70 have to pay for NHS treatment?
Q. my parents have come to visit us in the uk from pakistan . both of them are over 70 years old. they are dibetic . can i register them with my gp and do they have to pay for the prescription.

A. No visitor, of any age, is entitled to free NHS treatment, consultation, or medicines, except for immediate hospital treatment in an emergency. Even then, if the emergency leads to the need for any ongoing treatment, that will be charged for. So no: your parents will have to become private fee-paying patients of a doctor before they can get any prescription, and then they will have to pay the full retail price for their medicines.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment