Sunday, December 2, 2012

Can doctors tell diabetes by blood pressure tests?

Q. I'm not sure whether or not I have diabetes. I'm 18 and it doesn't seem to run in the family, i'm not overweight and I am pretty active but I do eat bad/drink sugary drinks. I have blurry vision, frequent urination and tingling feet. It seems like all the symptoms of diabetes 2. I went to the doctor and the hospital and got the blood pressure test where they put the thing around your arm and it squeezes. If I had diabetes though wouldn't I have high blood pressure and wouldn't they of told me?

A. No. I was just diagnosed with Type II and my blood pressure is 100/65. My husband's family are all thin and many of them are diabetic. Go to the doctor and ask them about your symptoms. It's better to take care of this now, especially since you're so young.


What is my chance of getting diabetes?
Q. I am 15 slim and healthy. My parents do not have diabetes. But my grandparents has got diabetes. 2 of them has type 2 but 1 of them has type1.

A. While genetics play in role in type 1, it is not hereditary.

Your lifestyle and diet play no role in developing type 1 (so don't believe answers to the contrary).

Type 2 is a totally different thing.


Are people with untreated diabetes 2 subject to irrational mood swings?
Q. A close female relative has been diagnosed with diabetes 2. She refuses treatment, and she exhibits ALL of the classical symptons, but in addition is subject to frequent angry and nasty moods. Abusing everybody close to her and being particularly unpleasant while accusing everybody of not liking her. Is this a sympton or cause of the diabetes?

A. I am sorry that a family member has to deal with this the rest of her life. yes irritability is a symptom of the diabetes. usually when the persons blood sugar is to low they can get very aggravated and irritable. she most definitely should start taking her medication and watching what she eats. not only does the medication help to control her blood sugar level it helps to maintain normal functioning of her organs. most people don't know that diabetes affects your kidneys, your eye sight, etc. taking the med's and watching what she eats will prevent the deterioration of such things. good luck do some research it's not as bad as she thinks.


Does anyone know good vegetarian guidelines for people with diabetes Type 2?
Q. I just found out that I have diabetes Type 2. I know I have to stay away from jams, jellies, etc. What are the best protein items I can eat to help me stay healthy? Any other vegetarian/diabetes info would be helpful. I want to try to go veggie for this!

A. Here's some info:

http://www.vrg.org/journal/diabetes.htm





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment